David L. Robertson




David L Robertson
Davis, California

I have been seriously involved in photography for almost fifty years and I have struggled throughout that time in trying to put into words what I am attempting to convey in my images. In 2007, Jay Maisel described them as conveying solitude, but not loneliness. I agreed immediately, and I have not been able to come up with a better description since then. I want the viewer to draw a sense of comfort from my captures, but at the same time I am attracted to natural and man-made design. For all of those years, I have worked hard to create strong compositions and have only lately come to the realization that the strongest composition suffers if it does not also convey some emotion. That is my current quest. What I love about photography is that it is a continuing journey of discovery and growth, and the destination is not nearly as important as the travel.

www.dlrobertsonphotography.com

The Artists